Skip to main content

Life Lately: Back to Basics

It's been awhile since I felt inspired to write anything either on the blog, in my journal, and hell, even in Birthday/greeting cards these days. I blame stress from various sources but also a bit of laziness too.

It feels good to flex the writing muscle again, so here's what's been happening in my life lately. 

We celebrated my sister-in-laws baby shower recently and it was such a fun day! Check out her decor, she and her friends did an amazing job - the dessert and candy table was a hit!

 

Aaaand someone was tired from all the festivities....a cat nap was obviously needed!

 

Then there was that time we had a family games night. I was so tired but my hubby got major points for setting up the board games, getting a surprise dessert for the kids (DIY sundaes), and wine for me!

 

I enjoyed some much needed me time with my couch, comfy blanket, and a warm coffee.

 

I'm on a new and improved healthy eating kick and panicked a little when the family wanted to go to Boston Pizza one day for lunch. Why is it that every time I decide to buckle down and dial in on my nutrition, there's always a situation to derail my progress? Well not this time, I found this amazing Greek salad with chicken and it was the lowest calorie option in the menu - and it fit into my daily allowance. It was sooo good and it helped set the tone for the rest of my healthy eating weekend!

 

The results paid off because I lost 2.6 pounds last week....it's been a long time since I've seen the scale move down instead of up!


Also this past weekend, I finally bought myself a spiralizer. I immediately went out to buy some zucchini and the kids and I had so much fun testing this bad boy four. Honestly it was so easy to use and probably the best $25 I've ever spent on a kitchen gadget! 

 

My spiralized zucchini was not a hit amongst the kids but my hubby and I liked it. I sautéed them in a little olive oil and garlic, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and then I made a fresh diced tomato sauce to top it off. It was really good! 

 

That was last week, this week my focus is on healthy eating, getting my 10,000 steps a day in, and surviving March Break, but more about that next week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lately: New Milestones and Weigh In Wednesday

Forget about being a yo-yo dieter, I'm also clearly a yo-yo blogger! One minute I'm too busy to worry about blog posts, then I'm pinning tons of blog post and journaling ideas, then I'm quitting social media all together. I'm not sure what's happening in my old age, but ever since having kids, I kind of can't stick to a plan. I used to be so organized and stayed true to my convictions or life plans. Now I fly by the seat of my pants and I start and quit things all the time. Not sure what this really says about me, but what I do know is absence makes the heart grow fonder and I really miss blogging about what’s new in my neck of the woods. The good, the bad, the ugly, I’m no stranger to over sharing and quite frankly, it’s therapeutic.
So what’s been going on with me over the last couple of months? Well, I became an aunt again (my brother and his girlfriend had a baby), we celebrated countless birthdays, anniversaries, tooth fairy visits, and jobs well done a…

#MotivationMonday: Starting a 21-Day Fitness Challenge

I love starting new projects at the beginning of the month. And while I'm about two weeks late to my own challenge, I finally decided on my monthly challenge.

A few months ago I purchased the 21 Day Fix Extreme and while I've started the program a few times, I've never gotten past the first week - or past day 3 on the eating version of the plan. So this month (or what's left of it) I'm committing to 21 Day Fix Extreme...workouts and meal plan (fat burn plan, where you eat every 2 hours for a total of 6 mini meals).
Eeeeeek I'm nervous. Whille I can committ to relationships and a favourite pair of jeans (hello dark wash flares circa 2005) I find it so hard to stick to fitness and nutrition plans. Even remembering to take my Metamucil twice a day at the demand of my doctor is a struggle!
So anyway, I went grocery shopping this afternoon and this evening I cooked, steamed, chopped, baked and roasted most of my proteins and veggies and carbs to last me the week. I…