Skip to main content

Currently: November 2016

I love the idea of sharing what’s currently on my mind as a new month starts. I love the start of anything: new month, new week, new day, new season, New Year…to me, it always signifies a chance to make a positive change in my life. 

Whether it be small like making more of an effort to drink more water, or kind of weird (make an effort to take the prescribed fibre supplement twice a day to control my IBS), or kind of big (remember to tell the kids one thing they rocked at each day to help build their confidence – especially for Tyler), I feel like no goal is off limits. Big, small, silly, weird, it doesn’t matter.

So for the month of November, here’s what’s on my mind this month, and what I am looking forward to conquering.

CURRENTLY: FAMILY TIME
September and October literally flew by. One minute it was summer, and the next both kids were in school and our evenings were filled with swimming lessons, dance lessons, homework, and bedtime routines that seemed to never end. It was a bit rough but I chalk it all up to the kids (and mom and dad) getting used to the new routine. We’re in month three of back-to-school and so far so good. What I am really excited for this month is spending some time with the family and continuing our Sunday afternoons of ice skating (the kids are killing it on the ice this year) and hopefully there will be some laser tag or indoor trampoline park fun in our near future too!




CURRENTLY: LOOKING FORWARD TO
Coming off two totally insanely busy months, I’m truthfully looking forward to a breather this month! But there are also some fun things coming up like a day trip with the girls, and my cousin’s baby girl’s baptism at the end of the month. I’m also looking forward to the start of my Christmas shopping – we like to get it all done early so that we’re not fighting the crowds come December.

CURRENTLY: FITNESS OBSESSION
I’ve been waiting for this new fitness program to start since July! It’s called Core de Force – have you heard of it? Well it just launched this week and I bought a copy right away…I’m anxiously awaiting the DVDs in the mail. And I’m also most excited to have my hubby join me for this 30 day fitness challenge.

Order Core de Force and You Get Me as Your Personal Fitness Coach for Free

CURRENTLY: HEALTH AND WELLNESS OBSESSION
I think I’m finally on board with the smoothie bowl trend. I haven’t tried it yet for myself, but I’ve been obsessed with checking out the #smoothiebowl hashtag on Instagram. My goal this month is to move away from being a lurker, and actually legit trying one for myself!

CURRENTLY: PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
One of the things I’m really on board with is any kind of personal development. And I also truly believe that anything that makes you look at life in a different light, or makes you want to make a change in your life, or about yourself, is considered personal development. I have my eye on a couple of books (Girl Boss, You Are a Badass) but lately I’ve just been reading a lot about the power of positive thinking, and it’s really let me let go of some negative energy and thoughts I’ve been carrying around for the past little while. Am I shitting rainbows yet? Not quite. But I’m confident I will soon lol.



CURRENTLY: GUILTY PLEASURESMmmm guilty pleasures. Sounds almost dirty and sinful don’t it? Well sorry; this girl’s “guilty pleasures” are pretty PG rated. I am seriously obsessed with the Real Housewives of New Jersey, and Orange County. I’ve tried to cut myself off but I. CAN. NOT. I wait for the kids to go to bed, and I binge watch episodes on my DVR. And can I also just say how much I love TiVo?  - This is not a plug for the product; I just really love my TiVo! 

So there you have it, what I'm currently digging as month begins. What's currently on your mind? Share in the comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lately: Back to Basics

It's been awhile since I felt inspired to write anything either on the blog, in my journal, and hell, even in Birthday/greeting cards these days. I blame stress from various sources but also a bit of laziness too.
It feels good to flex the writing muscle again, so here's what's been happening in my life lately. 
We celebrated my sister-in-laws baby shower recently and it was such a fun day! Check out her decor, she and her friends did an amazing job - the dessert and candy table was a hit!

Aaaand someone was tired from all the festivities....a cat nap was obviously needed!

Then there was that time we had a family games night. I was so tired but my hubby got major points for setting up the board games, getting a surprise dessert for the kids (DIY sundaes), and wine for me!

I enjoyed some much needed me time with my couch, comfy blanket, and a warm coffee.

I'm on a new and improved healthy eating kick and panicked a little when the family wanted to go to Boston Pizza one day f…

Friday Favourites #1: Fashion, Clean Eating, Holiday Treats & Side of Inspiration

I started my day super early this morning - not because I was working out at 5:00 a.m. getting my fitness on. Nope. Not this mom. I was up at 4:30 a.m. trying to convince my 6 year old that it was night time, not morning, and had to get his effing ass back into bed and go to sleep. It didn't work. The kid is persistent, and he's allergic to sleep. I did manage to finally break free and get my 30 minute bad-ass workout in around 6:30 a.m., and that wasn't too bad because lucky me, I have the day off from work today - so I didn't have to worry about rushing through the morning and getting to work on time. Win!

So it's 9:30 a.m. on a super cold but beautifully sunny Friday morning. I'm 3 coffees and a protein shake deep into the day already, listing to the audio version of  You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life: In Less Than 30 Minutes by Jen Sincero.  I keep hearing how important personal development is soooo I'…

Life Lately: New Milestones and Weigh In Wednesday

Forget about being a yo-yo dieter, I'm also clearly a yo-yo blogger! One minute I'm too busy to worry about blog posts, then I'm pinning tons of blog post and journaling ideas, then I'm quitting social media all together. I'm not sure what's happening in my old age, but ever since having kids, I kind of can't stick to a plan. I used to be so organized and stayed true to my convictions or life plans. Now I fly by the seat of my pants and I start and quit things all the time. Not sure what this really says about me, but what I do know is absence makes the heart grow fonder and I really miss blogging about what’s new in my neck of the woods. The good, the bad, the ugly, I’m no stranger to over sharing and quite frankly, it’s therapeutic.
So what’s been going on with me over the last couple of months? Well, I became an aunt again (my brother and his girlfriend had a baby), we celebrated countless birthdays, anniversaries, tooth fairy visits, and jobs well done a…