Skip to main content

My Liebster Award Nomination

Liebster Award
I'm so honoured to have been nominated for the Liebster Award last week. I've been looking for new blogs to help build my new blogger tribe and so this opportunity is so timely. 
My friend Kyah over at Weekend Tempo nominated me last week and of course I accepted. Thank you so much Kyah! 

You can read more about the Liebster award rules here but I'm going to follow in the footsteps of Kyah and keep it simple. The rules for this round are as follows if you accept:
  • Say thank you to the person who nominated and link their blog
  • Copy paste the Liebster badge on your post
  • Nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
  • Answer the ten questions the person who nominated you asked, and then make ten more for the bloggers you nominate.
My Nominees (make sure you send them some blog love today):
Their Questions from Me: 
  1. Where are you based?
  2. When and why did you start blogging?
  3. What is the story behind your blog name?
  4. What is your aim when writing a blog post?
  5. What is your favourite blog post you've ever written?
  6. What do you do in order to overcome writer's block?
  7. Favourite smart phone app or social media network and why?
  8. If you could have coffee with a blogger you idolize, who would it be and why?
  9. What’s your guilty pleasure?
  10. Cable or Netflix?

Now, my questions from Kyah!
  1. What motivates you to blog? I just started my blog a few months ago and I don’t blog as often as I’d like but, because CoffeeMomJen Gets Fit is about my journey to being a fit mom, I am moticated to share my successes and challenges in the hopes it inspires another busy mom out there.
  2. What are your aims and hopes for your blog? My goal is to blog a couple of days per week and create a supportive network of other lifestyle/fitness bloggers. And of course if I can monetize somewhere along the process I’d love that too!
  3. Do you enjoy reading blogs as much as you enjoy writing blogs? Oh ya definitely. Between my Facebook feed, Feedly and Bloglovin’, I’m totally hooked on other people’s blogs.
  4. Name 3 of your fave blogs. It’s hard to pick just 3 but I’m really digging Maskcara, Un-Fancy (before she took a blogging break), and Shaping Up to Be a Mom
  5. Where are you based? I’m a Canadian girl (living in Ontario)
  6. What’s your fave aspect about your home? When we bought our house I thought our office would be my favourite spot but it turns out, I love our loft on the second floor. It’s a cozy little nook where I read, fold laundry and binge watch Scandal on Netflix every night after the kids go to sleep.
  7. What’s the perfect night consist of for you? The kids go to bed early; I get in a workout and have time after to veg out on the couch.
  8. What’s your go-to for relaxation? I’m so bad at this, I don’t have a go-to but usually when I need to decompress I read something smutty like US Magazine or Lainey Gossip.
  9. Which social network do you love the most? I find Facebook is my go-to because I can follow my friends, the news and my favourite bloggers all in one spot.
  10. What’s your guiltiest pleasure? Right now it’s watching Scandal on Netflix..like I said above, I’m totally obsessed.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination! You are very sweet.
    I love finding other Canadian bloggers so this is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, you're so very welcome. I too am always looking for other Canadian bloggers to follow and connect with :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lately: Back to Basics

It's been awhile since I felt inspired to write anything either on the blog, in my journal, and hell, even in Birthday/greeting cards these days. I blame stress from various sources but also a bit of laziness too.
It feels good to flex the writing muscle again, so here's what's been happening in my life lately. 
We celebrated my sister-in-laws baby shower recently and it was such a fun day! Check out her decor, she and her friends did an amazing job - the dessert and candy table was a hit!

Aaaand someone was tired from all the festivities....a cat nap was obviously needed!

Then there was that time we had a family games night. I was so tired but my hubby got major points for setting up the board games, getting a surprise dessert for the kids (DIY sundaes), and wine for me!

I enjoyed some much needed me time with my couch, comfy blanket, and a warm coffee.

I'm on a new and improved healthy eating kick and panicked a little when the family wanted to go to Boston Pizza one day f…

Friday Favourites #1: Fashion, Clean Eating, Holiday Treats & Side of Inspiration

I started my day super early this morning - not because I was working out at 5:00 a.m. getting my fitness on. Nope. Not this mom. I was up at 4:30 a.m. trying to convince my 6 year old that it was night time, not morning, and had to get his effing ass back into bed and go to sleep. It didn't work. The kid is persistent, and he's allergic to sleep. I did manage to finally break free and get my 30 minute bad-ass workout in around 6:30 a.m., and that wasn't too bad because lucky me, I have the day off from work today - so I didn't have to worry about rushing through the morning and getting to work on time. Win!

So it's 9:30 a.m. on a super cold but beautifully sunny Friday morning. I'm 3 coffees and a protein shake deep into the day already, listing to the audio version of  You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life: In Less Than 30 Minutes by Jen Sincero.  I keep hearing how important personal development is soooo I'…

Life Lately: New Milestones and Weigh In Wednesday

Forget about being a yo-yo dieter, I'm also clearly a yo-yo blogger! One minute I'm too busy to worry about blog posts, then I'm pinning tons of blog post and journaling ideas, then I'm quitting social media all together. I'm not sure what's happening in my old age, but ever since having kids, I kind of can't stick to a plan. I used to be so organized and stayed true to my convictions or life plans. Now I fly by the seat of my pants and I start and quit things all the time. Not sure what this really says about me, but what I do know is absence makes the heart grow fonder and I really miss blogging about what’s new in my neck of the woods. The good, the bad, the ugly, I’m no stranger to over sharing and quite frankly, it’s therapeutic.
So what’s been going on with me over the last couple of months? Well, I became an aunt again (my brother and his girlfriend had a baby), we celebrated countless birthdays, anniversaries, tooth fairy visits, and jobs well done a…