Skip to main content

365 Days Until I Turn 35

Somewhere between the time I popped out my first kid and the time I came back to work after having my second kid, I declared I'd reach my goal weight for good. The time frame to complete this mission, was by my 35 birthday. I'm not sure why I picked 35. I'm not huge on putting an emphasis on age. I didn't have a quarter-life crisis when I turned 25, and I didn't avoid my 35 birthday like the plague either. For some reason, 35 just sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe I will feel like like a real grown up at 35. I'm not sure. But what I do know, is that for some reason the universe has me focused on 35 is my magic age to have everything figured out. My career, my weight, a hobby to really call my own (like this old blog here). If I don't meet these goals by the time I turn 35 that will be OK. But not ideal...obvi!

So I'm kicking my 34 year old jiggly ass (oh geez am I even mature enough to be 34??) and I'm getting down to business. This is my year (yes I know I said that last year, thanks for reminding me that I'm lazy and still flubbery all over).  It's not just about losing weight (15 pounds to be exact). It's about having the healthy lifestyle I've always wanted, but was too lazy to make stick. I have 365 days (OK actually I HAD 365 days but I've procrastinated for the past 2+ weeks so I'm really down to 350 days) to lose 15 pounds, and turn myself into a little fitness bunny....with my love of coffee, I'll be a skinny and fit energizer fitness bunny by the end of the 365 errr 350 days.

The thing is, I know I can do it. I've done it before. I have stuck to healthy eating and fitness schedules before. I know I have what it takes. My problem is making it stick for the long haul. And that's where I really need my focus to be on, is making this a new lifestyle, that I don't compromise for anything, or anyone.  

This week, my goal is to walk 3 times during my lunch hour for 30 minutes each time, and to track what I'm eating every day.

Overall Goal: 350 Days of Fitness and Healthy Eating

6 Month Goal: Down 15 pounds by November 30

12 Month Goal: Kept 15 pounds off, exercise and healthy eating/tracking is a daily habit, maybe I'll be able to see some obliques? Crazier things have happened, I'll keep this one on the list.

Source: Back on Point Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lately: Back to Basics

It's been awhile since I felt inspired to write anything either on the blog, in my journal, and hell, even in Birthday/greeting cards these days. I blame stress from various sources but also a bit of laziness too.
It feels good to flex the writing muscle again, so here's what's been happening in my life lately. 
We celebrated my sister-in-laws baby shower recently and it was such a fun day! Check out her decor, she and her friends did an amazing job - the dessert and candy table was a hit!

Aaaand someone was tired from all the festivities....a cat nap was obviously needed!

Then there was that time we had a family games night. I was so tired but my hubby got major points for setting up the board games, getting a surprise dessert for the kids (DIY sundaes), and wine for me!

I enjoyed some much needed me time with my couch, comfy blanket, and a warm coffee.

I'm on a new and improved healthy eating kick and panicked a little when the family wanted to go to Boston Pizza one day f…

Friday Favourites #1: Fashion, Clean Eating, Holiday Treats & Side of Inspiration

I started my day super early this morning - not because I was working out at 5:00 a.m. getting my fitness on. Nope. Not this mom. I was up at 4:30 a.m. trying to convince my 6 year old that it was night time, not morning, and had to get his effing ass back into bed and go to sleep. It didn't work. The kid is persistent, and he's allergic to sleep. I did manage to finally break free and get my 30 minute bad-ass workout in around 6:30 a.m., and that wasn't too bad because lucky me, I have the day off from work today - so I didn't have to worry about rushing through the morning and getting to work on time. Win!

So it's 9:30 a.m. on a super cold but beautifully sunny Friday morning. I'm 3 coffees and a protein shake deep into the day already, listing to the audio version of  You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life: In Less Than 30 Minutes by Jen Sincero.  I keep hearing how important personal development is soooo I'…

Life Lately: New Milestones and Weigh In Wednesday

Forget about being a yo-yo dieter, I'm also clearly a yo-yo blogger! One minute I'm too busy to worry about blog posts, then I'm pinning tons of blog post and journaling ideas, then I'm quitting social media all together. I'm not sure what's happening in my old age, but ever since having kids, I kind of can't stick to a plan. I used to be so organized and stayed true to my convictions or life plans. Now I fly by the seat of my pants and I start and quit things all the time. Not sure what this really says about me, but what I do know is absence makes the heart grow fonder and I really miss blogging about what’s new in my neck of the woods. The good, the bad, the ugly, I’m no stranger to over sharing and quite frankly, it’s therapeutic.
So what’s been going on with me over the last couple of months? Well, I became an aunt again (my brother and his girlfriend had a baby), we celebrated countless birthdays, anniversaries, tooth fairy visits, and jobs well done a…